Pages

22 February 2009

Overfrockenload

Well I'm finally through all the NYC Fall 2009 shows and I feel like my eyes have been seared out of my head from hours of clicking through slideshows. I am sure the prespective of actually being there and being, say, on your red chaise lounge with a cup of hot tea on a Sunday afternoon is totally different and therefore my opinions, for what they are worth, might be skewed. But I have to say that was just exhausting. I never thought I'd hear myself say this but I think I just got a little sick of runway (ok, it's not really true but there are other things I could be doing...like getting ready for Oscar night or reading the stack of 10 books beside my bed).

I only made a few notes on things and uploaded a ton of photographs but before I get into all that, I was wondering...do you recall the Woody Allen movie "Everything You Ever Want to Know About Sex but Were too Afraid to Ask?" Yeah, well I do, and apparently there was some sort of designer soiree where they all got together and maybe watched this movie a few too many times while sipping cocktails because this look was everywhere and I just have to say, what in the hell?



Once I got past that, there was a lot to be excited about. Lots of 40's inspired styles, lots of black (OH THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!), and I've fallen in love with someone (or ones) other than Marc (Tory Burch, Tracy Reese, and Jill Stuart, I am faithfully yours from here on out). London Fashion Week has started and I have to admit, I'm going to need a break. At least somewhat of a break from my fashion addiction. Now some may say I had cable installed this morning just so I could watch the Oscars and drool over the dresses...some might say that, some might say...ahem. But really it's all about the celebration of women, isn't it? Really, women amaze me on so many levels and the only thing really better than a beautiful, confident woman is a beautiful, confident, intelligent woman. And style is all about bringing it out from the inside and making a $25 dress work just as well as a $250 dress or $2500 dress. I'm such a "girl power" kind of woman in that way. In truth, fashion exists just for us; there is no sense not using it to our advantage, wouldn't you say (though I hate to say some may not at the Oscars). I'll get to that tomorrow.

Until then, these are a few of my favorite things:

No comments:

Post a Comment