Pages

13 February 2010

Fashion Overload

Visuals for now; meandering, unworthy pontification later. Or, at very least, kept to a minimum. Again. (Still in recovery, bear with me.) But to sum it up so far, we have Highlands, we have military, we have draping, we have sex, we have grunge (?), we have minimalism, we have lots and lots of black, even more leather, we have layers upon layers (global warming, anyone?), we have schoolgirl, so basically it's fall fashion as usual. And it's Yummy!! Click on the pics to enlarge!


Doo.Ri, how do I love thee?


Cynthia Steffe (little over kill on the schoolgirl theme on that runway).


Bensoni, oh yes. Please.


Alexander Wang, supervillanessdominatrix. I dig that.


Adam. I will take one of each, please. And a flat in Scotland to go with it.


Peter Som, delicious fabrics and colors.


Nicole Miller. Not entirely my thing.


Kimberly Ovitz, I don't usually lean toward the minimalist side but her knitwear is quite beautiful.


Julian Louie, every piece divine!


Jason Wu, the ladylike sophisticate gets a bit more urban but still delivers what he's best known for.


Charlotte Ronson wowed me a bit more this go around. I adore the pants!


Rag and Bone, more nods to the Highlands. Of which there can never be enough.


Preen. I was more a fan of the skinless-shots but the sex appeal of the whole collection was undeniable.


Costello Tagliapietra, beautiful draping and controlled volume.


Prabal Gurung, hot hot hot! I love how the second look is a hybrid of old and new.


Yigal Azrouel. Not my favorite collection from him to date, but these two looks were what I love him for.


Toni Maticevski, downy feathered dresses in the softest grays make me positively woozy. And that's not the medication talking.


Christian Siriano


Christian Siriano. The gun metal dress belongs in a museum somewhere (well, The Met, specifically) but the rest of the show, I just didn't see enough of his signature style in. I miss the drama! It felt entirely too safe.


Ruffian. Again, not crazy about it.

And in an effort to consolidate:


From top left, Karen Walker (gorgeous tomato red); Lacoste (had gorgeous color but I just can't get past the E-spirit of it all); Shipley and Halmos; and United Bamboo.

And an in effort to understand, please feel free to leave your two cents on this number:


Cynthia Rowley, of whom I have never been a big fan. Some years ago, Cynthia made a remark to a journalist about size 12 people shopping in her stores and how these clothes are just not cut for people who are size 12, and she said it in the very pompous, look at me I'm skinny, way. Unimpressive. But more on that later.

And more shows! Lots and lots of shows!!

xoxo,
kvlm

No comments:

Post a Comment