Pages

28 February 2010

Ciao Milano!

If Italian fashion doesn't make you feel incredibly sexy, I suggest you have your head examined. What the French and English lack in intimacy, the Italian set make up for in spades.

I recently watched the documentary Valentino: The Last Emperor and, honestly, I had never really had the impulse or desire to learn more about Italy as I did at that moment. And then I saw these shows, which are absolutely breathtaking! I can say without any hesitation that the New York and London shows, well as much as I loved them, I didn't love all of them. And, yes, it's hard for anyone to love all 120 shows that come out of New York plus the week long spectacle that comes out of the UK and maybe it's easier because there is less from Milan and it all ties up nicely in five days. But still...every show, complete heaven. Well done, Milan!

And while we are talking about all these shows, which we aren't even done with yet...we still have Paris...might I make a suggestion. Or rather pose a question: why in the name of commercial hell is someone not packaging DVD's of the shows twice a year? Can you imagine a full collection of the New York, London, Milan and Paris shows? (Sorry, Spain, I'm not leaving you out for any lack of respect.) I would sit for hours attached to the television; my husband would probably have to pull the remote control from my cold, steel like grip and I would probably cause a brown out in the greater Raleigh metropolitan area.

I'm just throwing it out there. If this brilliant idea comes to fruition, I expect some sort of compensation. Just sayin'. I'm not saying that Project Runway was my idea but, well...I've not seen one red cent. Hmph.

Back to the focus...

DSquared2. I mean DAMN. I'll take the one on the right, please and...


this one on the left. And an Aston Martin, Villa outside of Rome, champagne, etc. etc. etc.


Prada. Proof that geek is chic.


Fendi. Romantic. Because Italy isn't at all synonymous with love.


Also Fendi.
(I'm going to do this to my hair then take my son to the park.
Wonder what the other mothers will say?)


Versace. A real return to the Versace of the '90's.
Where's Elizabeth Hurley when you need her?


Sportmax. You know I am a sucker for all things red, gray
and especially if there's plaid involved?
Sign me up.

No. 21. Simple silhouettes, color drenched frocks
and bone colored heels. Yes.
(I'd like to note that mixing baby blue with cheetah
is pounds more interesting than mixing it with red.)


Moschino Cheap and Chic is always sassy and flirty.
Never change.


Krizia. I love the structure of this white coat.
And the dress is straight up Great Gatsby.


Just Cavalli.
In typical Cavalli fashion, there was a bevy of animal prints.
I deterred myself from them quite well I think.



Gianfranco Ferre. Always classic. Always demure. Less is more.


Frankie Morello. Rockergothchic.
The dress is a little Tish but it's not as if I mind that.



Emporio Armani. Clean, sophisticated dresses and separates.
As only Giorgio can do.



D&G. I'm going to say something I shouldn't
...did anyone else not get this show?
These were two of only a few pieces that were not
alpinegeist overload...l'inferno?
(translation: the hell?)


Blumarine. Legs anyone? Good Lord, Anna Molinari.


Blugirl -- I preferred more than Blumarine,
maybe because it appeals to my romantic in-sensibilities in a young, naive way but whatever.
I like my romance that way.


Alberta Ferretti. Gorgeous gowns. Just gorgeous. Soft colors...


and very goddess like.
Everyone loves a good goddess.


Ok, Ciao! Off to Purim Fest!
More from Milan later,
xoxo,
kvlm


images nymag

No comments:

Post a Comment